Re: $KEYMAP in command, isearch and menuselect

On Aug 23, 11:01am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} I'm now scratching my head over this in the isearch doc:
}
}   Any multi-character string that is not bound to one of the above
}   functions will beep and interrupt the search, leaving the last found
}   line in the buffer. Any single character that is not bound to one of
}   the above functions, or tt(self-insert) or tt(self-insert-unmeta),
}   will have the same effect but the function will be executed.
}
} I don't think this distinction exists --- I think any unrecognised
} binding will have the same effect, of leaving isearch and executing
} that command.

I think this is a leftover from a previous generation of handling of
multi-character bindings, and probably should have changed years ago
had anyone thought to pay attention.