Re: !!$ unitialized at first prompt

On Sep 24,  9:12pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} The mechanism for word splitting in the manner of the (z) flag is a
} bit iffy. I've picked up that newlines get turned into semicolons ---
} there was a discussion about this recently --- and also that &! turns
} into &|, which I didn't know about.

Now that you mention it, I'll bet >! also turns into >| ... but it
appears your test is generic enough to handle that.

Another history oddity that this brings to mind is that "print -s"
puts each of its arguments into the history as a separate word, but
on reload those will be re-parsed and are likely to end up with new
word boundaries.

It's unlikely there's anything useful to be done about this, but now
that we have the zshaddhistory hook and people are manipulating what
gets stored by calling "print -s", it may be worth pointing out.