Re: zsh froze under Mac OS X

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 07:39:00 -0800
> On Nov 22,  3:49pm, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> }
> } Call graph:
> }             993 zexit
> }               993 sourcehome
> }                 993 source
> }                   993 loop
>
> This indicates that it's reading your .zlogout file.  Anything there
> that could account for the behavior?

Obviously we need to see what it's executing to get further.  The
information in the static points in input.c, inbuf and inbufptr, ought
to have been revealing.  Could there be .zwc files involved?

Strange things can happen if the file the shell is executing changes
under it, but the implication here is it started looking at the logout
file and immediately ran into problems, which sounds different.

> This ...
>
> }                                     2 exalias
> }                                       1 exalias
> }                                       1 gethashnode
> }                                         1 gethashnode
>
> ... makes me suspect you've got a recursively-expanding alias
> involved, but that's much less certain than that it's .zlogout
> related.

I don't know exactly what the numbers mean, but they're probably
something like the number of times this was called.  This suggests to me
it's only got here once, so it's unlikely to be a key part of the
problem.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited