Re: Mac OS X Prompt Bug

Hi,

On 2010-11-24 08:58:26 -0500, Sorin Ionescu wrote:
> Please have a look at the screenshot at
> http://i.imgur.com/huNpI.jpg. Otherwise, the following text may not
> make sense.
>
> A % character appears before every prompt then it is replaced by the
> prompt;

This is a very useful feature (which can be disabled), to know when
some output hasn't been followed by a newline character, e.g. try

  echo -n foo

Other shells do not do this, hence the difference.

> so, it only flashes for a fraction of a second. However, if
> the buffer is empty when ZSH starts, such as when one has a
> ~/.hushlogin file, it results in the behaviour in the screenshot,
> which is % character followed by blank lines.

I don't have such a problem under Mac OS X (using iTerm, but I hadn't
noticed it with Terminal either in the past). This may come from the
terminal (a bug?) or its configuration.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>