Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Git completion slowness
- X-seq: zsh-workers 28515
- From: Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx>
- To: Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Git completion slowness
- Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 12:37:37 +0100
- Cc: "Benjamin R. Haskell" <zsh@xxxxxxxxxx>, Brett Simmers <swtaarrs@xxxxxxxxx>, zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:sender:received :in-reply-to:references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=PB4GUfbWRJme8dieetvp0tOznZe+Bi1uHf/QCCEvfhg=; b=Lwh1RSAjlqP33d1mbNYyeNDFOJT7jP8NrZWWF3KPa1CGAZGmdMH5mqD59v1RtZSTyk kAlTSuYZn/khqYIQbsxqyIdiCOShQQouuHaMgYHCji77w5Dk3OiPfPs6lq87KFZTbECd W5RdxsENl/rZMJc8CB7zjMx5O4lsTlttr/yX0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=Ac1DB8zWqy8PTG2v+QrgBmvh3rP2Js1cJa2S4gLVAXL4Be+iFkTn+30oqJFE8UaYMY aDILP1gWJZLgoTwpmCdXq2MmGveXBugsCfDJLa7sRuYkyEjksVZrAikzvtcBH6Z5kJu1 uzayteu5naVstdzJohbvOeU5ZLHfgZEeGXmLg=
- In-reply-to: <87k4jhsx78.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <AANLkTi=4OkTExqGZOCY8B64HGatuKh9S=8hkfKkMrF3K@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <alpine.LNX.2.01.1012091710280.2792@hp> <87k4jhsx78.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: nikolai.weibull@xxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 12:07, Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We've heard people complaining about _git performance on IRC for a while
> now. I have started to rewrite the _git file related completions some
> time ago, but have since been swamped at work. So that has slowed down
> to a halt.
> I'll attach the code to this mail though; maybe it'll be useful to
> someone (search for "Git file listing helpers" to find the helper
> functions). It doesn't have a helper for pathspecs yet, which the
> git-checkout completion (and others) may need.
> Also, it's something I experimented with for only a short while. The
> completions did work for me in my limited set of use-cases - they are
> probably not perfect, yet. But they scaled well even on huge
> repositories with many *many* files (like the linux kernel's git
> Cc:ing Nikolai, too.
Iâve been rewriting _git for a while now. Iâve updated all the Main
Porcelain Commands. Iâm currently stuck on something as unimportant
as git-config, but I want to get everything right and Iâm doing it all
in man page order. Iâll hopefully have a delayed Christmas gift for
you all at the beginning of 2011. Iâll take a look at your changes
and integrate them if they are still applicable.
My main problem right now is that Iâm working off of the Debian Zsh
Git repository where I donât have write permissions. Iâd like to set
up a Zsh Git repository at GitHub so that I can more easily distribute
my changes, but I havenât had time to look into setting this up.
Perhaps someone can explain how you set up a CVS-to-Git mirror on
Iâll also try to set up zstyles to the effect of allowing you to
disable potentially costly completions.
Messages sorted by: