Re: bug: DIR/*<tab> expansion doesn't work with directories with apostrophe in the name

On Dec 29,  3:51pm, hniksic@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
} Subject: bug: DIR/*<tab> expansion doesn't work with directories with apos
}
} When the directory contains a single quote (apostrophe) in its name,
} pressing the tab key to expand dir/* into a list of files no longer
} works. What happens instead is that the tab key doesn't do anything
} while cursor is inside the dir/* word.

As you're seeing this with zsh -f, it's something in old compctl-based
completion.  With the newer function-based system, it behaves the same
for me in 4.3.11-dev-1 as it does in 4.2.0 (both of which differ from
the way it [doesn't] work with zsh -f).

I can confirm that 4.3.11-dev-1 run with -f behaves the way you describe
4.3.10-14ubuntu1 as working, but 4.2.0 *also* behaves for me the way you
describe 4.3.10-14ubuntu1 as working, so I'm not sure which version you
had that worked differently.