menuselect: Different keymap for interactive mode

Hi All,

Is it possible for me to navigate menus with VI keys *AND* disable this
when I'm in interactive mode?

What I'm looking for is to enter menu completion; navigate using h, j,
k, l. Then, press a key (say '/') to enter interactive mode, and type
some search string. The press Escape to return to navigating the menu
(via h, j, k, l). And press Enter when done.

I can use

    bindkey -M menuselect ...

to bind h, j, k, l to the menu movement keys. However, if I do this,
then they retain their meaning when I enter interactive mode! So I can't
use h, j, k, l in a search string.

Is it possible for me to define a new keymap and only use it in
menu completion interactive mode?

Thanks,

GI

--
100 THINGS I'D DO IF I EVER BECAME AN EVIL OVERLORD
69. All midwives will be banned from the realm. All babies will be