Re: menuselect: Different keymap for interactive mode

On Jan 21, 10:55pm, gi1242+zsh@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
}
} Is it possible for me to navigate menus with VI keys *AND* disable this
} when I'm in interactive mode?

Unfortunately, no.  The special keymaps like menuselect and isearch are
not implemented like real keymaps that invoke widgets.  Instead they
are implemented as simple hardwired indirect lookups that happen to use
the set of builtin widget names as the indirection layer between the
typed key and the action, so that bindings can be faked using the same
code that implements real keymaps.

There's no "alternate keymap" available to switch to in this situation;
most of the completion code, including the menu system, was written by
inveterate emacs-mode users, and doubling the work to support vi-like
interaction as well was impractical at the time (and has yet to become
practical, given the trouble we have finding C-coder volunteers for
shell work in general).