Re: Slow completion when using aptitude

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 10:56 PM, Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Feb 3,  6:21pm, cheer_xiao wrote:
> } Subject: Re: Slow completion when using aptitude
> }
> } On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 8:02 AM, Bart Schaefer
> } <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> } >
> } > So try using this instead:
> } >
> } > _deb_packages_update_uninstalled () {
> } >  _deb_packages_update_avail
> } >  _deb_packages_update_installed
> } >  if (( ! $+_deb_packages_cache_uninstalled )); then
> } >    local avail
> } >    for avail in $_deb_packages_cache_avail
> } >    do
> } >        (( ${+_deb_packages_cache_installed[(r)$avail]} )) && continue
> } >        _deb_packages_cache_uninstalledr+=( $avail )
> } >    done
> } >  fi
> } >  cachevar=_deb_packages_cache_uninstalled
> } > }
> }
> } Was I supposed to include this in my .zshrc and that would solve my
> } problem, or was it meant to be a hint for developers on fixing the
> } bug? I have tried the former but nothing seems to change.
>
> Sorry, I could have been more specific.
>
> Putting it in your .zshrc is unlikely to work because it'll get
> clobbered when the completion system autoloads the other _deb*
> functions later.
>
> You need to find the file ${^fpath}/_deb_packages and edit it
> to replace _deb_packages_update_uninstalled with the above.

I tried this, but after typing "sudo aptitude install a" and hit Tab,
zsh seems to be trapped in an infinite loop, with one of the CPU cores
fully loaded. Should I turn on something else like caching, or is
there a flaw in the code you provided?

Thanks for your patience.