Re: Installation fails because the documentation is not building

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 7:14 PM, Vincent Stemen <vince.lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I assume it is failing on the "test -s" statement, because when I look in
> the
> Doc directory, all the man files ending in ".1" are zero length.

The Doc Makefile will create 0-length *.1 files if it doesn't think that
yodl is around. Perhaps you ran make before yodl was installed, and didn't
remove those files?  It looks like only a "make realclean"  will remove the
*.1 files (and you'd probably want to just manually remove the *.1 files
instead of going to that extreme).

I'm not sure why none of the lesser clean targets will clean up the *.1
files, though.  Maybe it is to help folks who don't have yodl installed and
get the *.1 files manually?

..wayne..