Re: Updated _git completion (not attached)

> On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 02:39:57PM +0100, Simon Ruderich wrote:
> - It seems like git checkout doesn't list only modified files but all
> files.

One thing to keep in mind is that it is right for it to list all
(known-to-git) files after a tag or hash, since the user may want to change
the file to a prior state.  It is only the default "git checkout FILE" that
only really has meaning for changed files.  And, I had thought for sure that
git didn't allow filenames after git checkout -f (and indeed, the current
completion code doesn't complete files after it), but in my testing of git
1.7.1, it accepted files to force w/o complaint.

For instance, "git checkout -f zsh-4.3.9 ChangeLog" changes to that version,
and if the file is tweaked and followed by "git checkout -f ChangeLog", the
zsh-4.3.9 content is restored.  In both cases it seems to me that the -f was
superfluous, but allowed (since the commands do the same thing w/o the -f).

..wayne..