Re: zsh hangs sometimes continued.

On Apr 1, 10:28am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: zsh hangs sometimes continued.
}
} On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 20:32:58 +0200
} VAN VLIERBERGHE Stef <stef.van-vlierberghe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > After adding more and more debug info to the zsh-4.3.10 sources I
} > figured out that the problem is in the findjob returning the pid of
} > a terminated process.
}
} Thanks for the investigation and the explanation.  I agree the uses of
} findproc() all appear to assume the process is still marked as running,
} since they are all about to update it.  Here's the patch I'll apply.

Reading the explanation left me wondering whether there's an additional
problem in the event that the shell is spawning processes fast enough
for the PID of a terminated-but-not-yet-reaped job to have been re-used
in a new still-running job?