build on os x 10.6.7, xcode 3.2.6

i have been building source from the sourceforge cvs repository on os x 10.6.x for the past two months with no issues, until this week. as of rev4.3.11-dev-1, patchlevel 1.5245, i have begun getting the following build error

gcc -c -I. -I/opt/local/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -O2  -o builtin.o builtin.c
In file included from zsh.mdh:37,
                 from builtin.c:33:
exec.epro:29: error: 'RLIM_NLIMITS' undeclared here (not in a function)
make[2]: *** [builtin.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [modobjs] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 1

previously, rev4.3.11-dev-1, patchlevel 1.5241, and prior, built with no problems. i am still looking for what might cause the RLIM_NLIMITS definition to be missed, but wanted to find out if someone was already aware of this issue and might point out any possible mistake on my part.