Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Bug in zsh_directory_name_cdr completion?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 29646
- From: Peter Stephenson <Peter.Stephenson@xxxxxxx>
- To: Zsh Workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Bug in zsh_directory_name_cdr completion?
- Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 13:10:33 +0100
- In-reply-to: <CADdV=MuR94NpW3Gk5ZaZGZ5ZGE46tz_eqhW3AnyXQ=+JMTcFcA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Cambridge Silicon Radio
- References: <CADdV=MsBx3a4UvPCeQpo=M0qp=LS+JVedvmM5F5B-t4NKq6KgA@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CADdV=MuR94NpW3Gk5ZaZGZ5ZGE46tz_eqhW3AnyXQ=+JMTcFcA@mail.gmail.com>
On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 13:58:55 +0200
Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 22:06, Peter Stephenson
> <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 15:42:38 +0200
> > Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Also, wouldn’t it be nice if cd ~/<Tab> would offer completions
> >> under the most recent directory, perhaps even expanding ~ to the
> >> directory’s name so that the history gets the benefit of the
> >> non-contextual directory name?
> > The expansion bit should work already with the right completers.
> Shouldn’t expand-or-complete do this for me? For some reason it seems
> that it wants to offer me parameters instead when pressing Tab at cd
Tilde completion has never triggered expansion here, and
expand-or-complete is a builtin function rather than a configurable
widget, so this is as expected. Configuring the _expand
completer is possible. I think setting the keep-prefix style to false
is enough to trigger expansion with that (unless you've got it
configured only to do substitutions). We can make a more specific
style if it seems useful.
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070 Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited
Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, UK
Member of the CSR plc group of companies. CSR plc registered in England and Wales, registered number 4187346, registered office Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, United Kingdom
More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog
Messages sorted by: