Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: zsh-4.3.1 problem on FreeBSD
- X-seq: zsh-workers 30078
- From: "Herbert J. Skuhra" <hskuhra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: "Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: zsh-4.3.1 problem on FreeBSD
- Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 12:33:28 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=fastmail.fm; h= message-id:from:to:mime-version:content-transfer-encoding :content-type:references:subject:in-reply-to:date; s=mesmtp; bh= iJpbIgfZ0gnS8nqtJOZnj41a2V4=; b=aLBN2mTcRmgU3TFCzMOwhV+vXT44d3Hb 6DTnfeQUS5RSH5AASF9EfGChhTNUg82OyN/EVEoFfA8o2f0yt5QuxQEa4pEo0NYR Q5sPGcmzxK7BPNUwiaxiRJ2hc82NAeHg7aAyxu2asDE6rc2+VehhqhXK+oJe+xOu qfEMe7d5nZE=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= messagingengine.com; h=message-id:from:to:mime-version :content-transfer-encoding:content-type:references:subject :in-reply-to:date; s=smtpout; bh=iJpbIgfZ0gnS8nqtJOZnj41a2V4=; b= INxajdeVrKCEM0+heS5iGfLARYayZ6XHKHzEos9lM6rKEPV4BEt7j3gcmJxweE2Q QCWn8oq3rKYu7zLUESVW6UM2gKzM/DBrKMVwkhBo3m4t1Qzz8JOTU1O6TRSrVlCV razV/IBMOGdE2TiqKpj+jeUi083vYs9k0OLOiGT7oc4=
- In-reply-to: <120102113646.ZM10622@torch.brasslantern.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <120102113646.ZM10622@torch.brasslantern.com>
On Mon, Jan 2, 2012, at 11:36, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Jan 2, 12:38pm, Herbert J. Skuhra wrote:
> } Subject: Re: zsh-4.3.1 problem on FreeBSD
> } On Sun, Jan 1, 2012, at 12:08, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> } > Try the patch below (with the "sleep" removed from .zshrc) and let us
> } > know if it resolves the problem?
> } It does. Thank you.
> Thanks for your help with diagnosis.
> One other question, more of curiosity than anything else: Does your
> desktop or window manager open terminal windows in an "animated" way,
> e.g., zoom them from a small size to fully open to give the illusion
> of them popping up from an icon or task bar, or some such thing?
Hmm, I am using musca and xmonad.
In musca I split the screen vertically at 50% and then I split the right pane horizontally at 50%.
Then I launch emacs, sakura/xterm/urxvt, etc.
In xmonad the screen is split when I launch the terminal; first vertically and then horizontally.
Problem happened with both window managers, even in unsplit/fullscreen mode, but only on FreeBSD.
No problem on Arch GNU/Linux running on a 10" netbook (unsplit screen).
I can try a different window manager (openbox?) on FreeBSD with unpatched zsh.
Messages sorted by: