Re: PATCH: Fix segfaults with exec options

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 14:55:11 +0100
Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Maybe he (or someone else) has an idea about how to fix this at a more
> fundamental level. To me, my fix just plugs some holes with duct tape.

Looks OK to me.  There isn't a more fundamental level --- it needs an
argument and you're intercepting the point where it finds out it doesn't
have one.

This is different from most "real" builtins, which have a handler that
parses options and counts arguments.  As exec is special that's done at
this point; there's no higher level parsing involved.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog