Re: Bug with bash emulation regarding ':'

On Feb 10,  9:04pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} It took some thinking about, but I think the following is about the most
} minimal code.

Nice.

} Even allowing for the fact that explicit splitting is
} separate from sh-wordsplitting (it's a stronger condition), it needed a
} third flag to distinguish the cases...
}
} - SHWORDSPLIT is on normally.
} - SHWORDSPLIT isn't on, but is required by a recursive substitution.
} - SHWORDSPLIT needs to be forced off by a recursive substitution.

I agree that this covers everything.  (It's a bit convoluted that it's
possible for both PF_SHWORDSPLIT and PF_NOSHWORDSPLIT to be true at
the same time, but <shrug>.)

Incidentally, are we in any danger of conflict with the "PF_" prefix
as used in <socket.h> for protocol families?  PF_UNIX, PF_INET, etc.?

} There's now no temporary setting of SHWORDSPLIT itself [...]
}
} I don't know if this helps with the other issues you mentioned.

I believe it should -- the other issues all stemmed from modifying and
then restoring opts[SHWORDPSLIT], which this eliminates.