Re: zsh behavior when fork() failed

On Feb 29,  6:27pm, Dipak Gaigole wrote:
}
} I have applied this patch but unfortunately the script still continues
} even after the fork failures while executing commands from the script.
}
} bash-2.05b$ cat /tmp/test1.sh
} #!/bin/sh
} x="My default value"
} x=`date`
} echo $?
} echo "Current Date is:" "$x"
} date
} echo $?
} bash-2.05b$ zsh /tmp/test1.sh
} /tmp/test1.sh:3: fork failed: resource temporarily unavailable
} 1
} Current Date is: My default value
} /tmp/test1.sh:6: fork failed: resource temporarily unavailable
} 1
} bash-2.05b$
}
} Can you please check this on your end?

I get (schaefer[N] is my top-level prompt):

schaefer[691] Src/zsh -f /tmp/test1.sh
/tmp/test1.sh:3: fork failed: resource temporarily unavailable
1
Current Date is: My default value
/tmp/test1.sh:6: fork failed: resource temporarily unavailable
schaefer[692] echo $?
1

There's no exit after `date` because that was in a subshell, but I do
see the exit after the command in the parent shell.

Are you sure a path-searched "zsh" is finding the right binary?