Re: MAX_ARRLEN

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:36:22 +0200
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The problem with the current approach is that it only limits accessing
> an array beyond a certain index, even if it's already larger, and you
> can create arrays of any size by other means. To me it seems like the
> limit is applied in the wrong place at least. If there are places that
> unexpectedly create large arrays, we should add the safeguards in
> those places, if possible.

That's a good point --- and, in fact, creating *whole* arrays isn't a
problem, either, unless we think we're protecting against

  stuff=($(<bigfile))

and I don't think we are; why is that more problematic than the
unprotected

  stuff="$(<bigfile)"

?

However, this has now turned from a simple change to a research project.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog