Re: bug in parameter expansion

On Nov 7,  8:45pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} It's happening because we look at the string "=*" and we tokenise that to
} make patterns (such as the "*") active if it was in quotes.  We tokenise
} the "=" the same as if it were a command line argument.  I can't think
} of any occasion we'd want to do that if we know it's *not* a command
} line argument: there's already a flag for this, so the fix is simple.

This looks OK to me, but just to be sure I understand:  The flag you're
talking about in this context is "sub" rather than "incmdpos"?  For those
who may be attempting to learn the code, "incmdpos" really does mean "in
the command position", e.g., the first word in the buffer or the first
word after a separator such as ";" or "|", among other cases.

The "sub" flag doesn't directly mean "not a command line argument" here,
unless I'm mistaken?