Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: argv subscript range uses too many memory
- X-seq: zsh-workers 30824
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: argv subscript range uses too many memory
- Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 11:03:36 -0800
- In-reply-to: <20121125081145.GC2576@localhost.localdomain>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20121108084001.GA7594@localhost.localdomain> <email@example.com> <20121110105811.GA7136@localhost.localdomain> <121110065709.ZM4781@torch.brasslantern.com> <20121120130457.GD2500@localhost.localdomain> <121120090300.ZM5552@torch.brasslantern.com> <121120094443.ZM5584@torch.brasslantern.com> <121120102415.ZM5635@torch.brasslantern.com> <20121122092847.GA2576@localhost.localdomain> <121122102927.ZM8049@torch.brasslantern.com> <20121125081145.GC2576@localhost.localdomain>
On Nov 25, 4:11pm, Han Pingtian wrote:
} Subject: Re: argv subscript range uses too many memory
} On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:29:27AM -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > If you would not mind, try removing both that patch and the one you
} > previously removed for 29175, but increase HEAPSIZE
} I have tried this. It works just fine. Both problems lools like has been
} fixed. Do you think it is the right solution?
It's a large step in the right direction. The questions remaining are:
What is the right value for HEAPSIZE? Mmultiplying it by 10 is was just
a quick way to test; it might be better to multiply by 8 or 16 to keep a
size that's a power of 2 for efficient byte alignment of arena blocks.
It depends on the underlying malloc implementation.
Has this really addressed the problem from 29175? Larger blocks will
mean it takes longer for the arena list to grow, but a loop that uses
enough memory can still become pathologically slow.
Messages sorted by: