Re: Access to CVS

Alex Ogier wrote:
> For pull requests that originate outside of patches, a convenient work flow
> is to have the committer merge with 'git merge --squash' as a matter of
> course. This way allows all of the advantages of distributed version
> control while still keeping mainline history a linear sequence of clean
> patches you can bisect to.

Wait a minute, `squash'? Doesn't that mean, that a reduce a series of
perfectly separated patches into one single blob of changes? If you want
to enforce linear history, why not require contributors to rebase their
series on top of the current development?

That being said, I'd still prefer if contributions came in via patches
to the mailing list only.

Regards, Frank