Re: Access to CVS

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 14:29:45 -0500
Phil Pennock <zsh-workers+phil.pennock@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2012-12-14 at 15:09 +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> > I'm still hoping for a simple, straightforward list of the basic
> > commands you'd need to use *not* involving the manifold ramifications of
> > branches here, there and everywhere.  Presumably this isn't more than
> > half a dozen commands or so.
>
> % $VISUAL file1.c file2.c new-file3.c
> % git add new-file3.c
> % git commit -a
> % git push

Thanks, that's pretty much what I was expecting...

In this (ultra-simple) case, presumably we're assuming the mailing list
link gets added immediately in the commit log.

If anybody thinks that above *isn't* the basic sequence, or that their
own preferred procedure is something other than a more sophisticated
form of theabove, it would be good to hear.