Re: It's time for 5.0.1

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Dec 15,  6:16pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> }
> } Anyway, it sounds to me like this is a post-5.0.1 project and there's
> } not a lot of point in short term fiddling, given that the problems
> } aren't new.
>
> Which brings us back to, do we bump HEAPSIZE by a factor of 8 for now,
> or just punt entirely?

If we've got a plan we can implement soon after 5.0.1, I'd be inclined
to say "leave it".  Maybe there's some pathological case where you get
lots of pushes and this makes the memory shoot up: given we know there
are pathologies, it's better to stick with the ones we've got rather
than force people to work around a whole new set that are about to
disappear.  That's an opinion based largely on ignorance rather than
knowledge, however.