Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
PATCH: zsh-development-guide patches/git; editorconfig
- X-seq: zsh-workers 30906
- From: Phil Pennock <zsh-workers+phil.pennock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: PATCH: zsh-development-guide patches/git; editorconfig
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 06:25:09 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=spodhuis.org; s=d201210; h=Content-Type:MIME-Version:Message-ID:Subject:To:From:Date; bh=Zqabf+zOMPrKkwZQMs0qHuDde34FRFc8qkYOJJgup/E=; b=XDTHWABPrn737LejtFl930gs2RtTKhMS8IdQ2xr4EyYUNwL1g8jq1dQwp3WCttqDp1jhNWF6Wz5J2e5dMFWRXug/N7nR3NXINUVzdcpnZwnZXraGg+BXwdsjZp3OD8LH4/Zdr2tapMtRAeCfj+ppWuXiPAHYfji/HsqPQ7cqG74=;
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mail-followup-to: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
* Dropped the patch archive mention
* explicitly allow filenames anchored per git in the diffs to the list
* allow variants of Subject: prefix
* mention .editorconfig, since we include that and I'm editing anyway
RCS file: /cvsroot/zsh/zsh/Etc/zsh-development-guide,v
retrieving revision 1.24
diff -a -u -p -u -d -r1.24 zsh-development-guide
--- Etc/zsh-development-guide 17 Dec 2012 09:09:49 -0000 1.24
+++ Etc/zsh-development-guide 17 Dec 2012 11:22:37 -0000
@@ -39,7 +39,7 @@ Patches
intelligently. Please make sure the filenames in the diff header
are relative to the top-level directory of the zsh distribution; for
example, it should say "Src/init.c" rather than "init.c" or
+ "zsh/Src/init.c". Git-style naming of diffs is also acceptable.
* Please put only one bug fix or feature enhancement in a single patch and
only one patch per mail message. This helps me to multiplex the many
@@ -52,9 +52,8 @@ Patches
* Please test your patch and make sure it applies cleanly. It takes
considerably more time to manually merge a patch into the baseline code.
-* There is now a zsh patch archive. To have your patches appear in the
- archive, send them to the mailing list with a Subject: line starting
- with "PATCH:".
+* By convention, patches should be sent with a Subject: line starting with
+ one of "PATCH:", "[PATCH]" or "[PATCH n/m]" (for a patch series).
@@ -167,6 +166,11 @@ C coding style
also #include other system headers. It *must not* #include any other
module's headers or any other .pro files.
+* The repository includes a `.editorconfig' file with whitespace/indent
+ control settings. Information about text editor plugins and this file
+ can be found at <http://editorconfig.org/>.
Messages sorted by: