Re: PATCH: document git in Etc/zsh-development-guide

On 2012-12-20 at 14:38 +0100, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
>                                                Alternatively, if you'd
> prefer, I can patch it.

You handle it.  Your writing is clearer than mine.

> > You skipped the commit numbers; my understanding of the simple process
> > to date is that the code change is one commit, the changelog and
> > integration is a second commit, see step 4.  Yes, it's an extra commit,
>
> My understanding was that ChangeLog files would be handled by Peter
> running Frank Terbeck's script at suitable times such as before a
> release. See workers/30119.

Peter's confirmed I'm not crazy.  Thanks, Peter.  :)

> I would keep things simple, at least initially, and stick with patches
> in the mailing list as the primary means of sharing new work. It's an
> easy thing to change later once the two main developers get used to git.
> But, I don't really mind either way.

Right, I messed up.  I was trying to add a description of how to do the
second workflow, with sharing feature branches, so that when people
moved beyond the very simple, they'd have a guide in how to start doing
so.

I think this was a mistake on my part.

Oh, and if I go silent, it's a combination of work and travel keeping me
from commenting, not the state of zsh/git.  Please don't wait on me!

-Phil