Re: Backgrounding part of 'ssh-agent $cmd'

Christian Neukirchen wrote on Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 12:08:42 +0100:
> Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I'd like to remove the complication of an extra tab or explicit ^Z:
> > I'd like the workflow to be
> >
> >     Run foo_main
> >     Answer ssh-add password prompt
> >     # No interactive wait at this point.
> >     Answer the foo_internal password prompt
> >     (Use foo; the -MNf's will finish in a second or two.)
>
> FYI, if you use gpg-agent or gnome-keyring instead of ssh-agent, it will
> ask for the password interactively/graphically when it's needed the
> first time.

I don't want to use a daemon that maintains state across hibernate.[1]
Does ssh-agent/gpg-agent/gnome-keyring have a "discard passphrase before
entering hibernate" feature?

Thanks,

Daniel

[1] With my current approach, the only state is the master connection,
and if I hibernate the server will drop it (due to TCP timeout).