Re: git updates stalled?

Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 4:59 AM, Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>> [CC:ing Wayne, who runs the CVS2Git mirroring script]
>
> Sadly, you did not.

Hm, the headers look like this on my end:

From: Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: git updates stalled?
To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
Cc: Wayne Davison <wayned@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>> This is still the case. Could you take a look, Wayne?
>
> I turned it off when you guys requested a project upgrade, since that
> causes the git repo to change to a new one.  The new setup also broke my
> update script, since there is no longer a project-members page to be able
> to find the full name of the committers, so I'll need to rework that (it
> looks like I'll need to lookup names one at a time now).  It also appears
> that developers on the project aren't given any write permission (only
> admins), so I don't think I'll be able to commit anything to the new git
> repo.

Oh, that's bummer. :-/

> I also figured that the git change was imminent, and would interfere with
> starting to use git directly.  Has that been delayed?

I guess being in a situation such as this should be more motivation for
zsh to switch to git as its main VCS. I don't think anyone should put
time into sf-username -> full-name conversion and all that. It's not
worth it.

I think somebody should setup a git-repo to test whether everything
works smoothly from a native git build. $ZSH_PATCHLEVEL comes to mind.
We had patches for making that work, IIRC. We should get the missing
commits from CVS, fix the commiter's name manually put that on top of
the rest.

When everything looks good, we should just switch over to git.

I'll be quite busy the first half of the week. I can only get on this
on Thursday. So, maybe someone will beat me to it. :-)

Regards, Frank