Re: xtrace and array assignment

On Sat, 02 Mar 2013 08:36:47 -0800
> It's also always irked me a little that the verbose option doesn't print
> anything for assignments, so maybe combining verbose and xtrace could
> have some meaning here.  However, I haven't really dug in to how xtrace
> for assignments is implemented, so this might be rather difficult, and
> of course we don't want to accidentally introduce side-effects.

I'd quite like something a bit more sophisticated, say a number
determining the depth to which xtrace output is shown, with the current
output somewhere in the middle of the scale (so in addition to expanding
indexes you could go the other way and only show e.g. function calls and
block constructs).

But that's a lot of work.