Re: Old zsh change

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Jeremy Shoup <jeremy.shoup@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've recently upgraded my zsh from 4.2.0 to 4.3.10 (by upgrading
> some systems from Redhat ES 4 to 6). I've noticed a behaviour change that
> I think is related to a very old change to zsh, change 20900
> (2005-03-03) according to the ChangeLog.

It sounds like you may be referring to the PROMPT_SP option, which the FAQ
entry for question 3.23 intros as follows:

[Prompt overwriting of output] is normally limited to zsh versions prior to
4.3.0 due to the advent of the PROMPT_SP option (which is enabled by
default, and eliminates this problem for most terminals).

If you don't like the way prompt_sp works, that FAQ entry also details a
work-alike function that can be run from precmd, which you could customize
and use instead.

..wayne..