Re: Re[2]: bug with eval, proc-subst and pipes

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Manuel Presnitz <mpy@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't know if it helps to get an idea what's going on, but
> both variants work as expected with zsh 5.0.2 under the cygwin
> environment:

I suspect this is because Cygwin does not support the /proc/fd magic
filesystem or its equivalent.

Indeed, if I remove PATH_DEV_FD from config.h and recompile, I can no
longer reproduce the error.

There has to be something more going on, though, because moving the call
that closes the /proc/fd descriptors from exec.c into jobs.c:deletefilelist
does not resolve the problem.