Re: please conform to the xdg base directory specification

Thomas Koch wrote:
> The XDG base directory specification[1][2] says that configuration files should
> go in ~/.config/$APPNAME. I know that it's possible to change $ZDOTDIR in /etc
> but this would break the zsh configuration for all users that have not moved
> their config files. So zsh would need to check both $HOME and $HOME/.config/zsh
> for configuration files.

I'd see if your login mechanism can't do that for you. With PAM, you
should be able to put ZDOTDIR="${HOME}/.config/zsh" into
`~/.pam_environment'. So that should also work on a per user basis. See
`pam_env(8)' and `pam_env.conf(5)' for details.

Regards, Frank