Re: zpty non-functional?

On Aug 26,  8:33pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} Here's a synch, as well as a test that was showing up the problem

It just occurred to me that if the syncch [why two c?] trick solves
the race, then it's probably not even necessary to write a byte on
the pipe -- just close it in the child, and the parent will get EOF.

On the other hand it also occurred to me that this might not always
solve the race.  It'd be better if syncch could be close-on-exec ...
except that execode() might not actually do an exec() ...

So this is probably the best we can do.

--
Barton E. Schaefer