Re: Multio deadlock (Re: multios doesn't work with 2>&1)

On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 20:33:47 +0000
Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmm... why don't we initialise fdtable[0..2] to FDT_INTERNAL at boot?

Er, because it doesn't mean that, FDT_INTERNAL means "users can't monkey with
this".  We need something to mean "open and users can monkey with it".
Maybe something with a similar function to FDT_EXTERNAL would
work... but we'd need to be careful about the points where things got
closed.  We'd probably have to special case it in closem() when that
gets passed FDT_UNUSED.

Not sure how much this is worth it to avoid a bad close that's ignored anyway.

pws