Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Can we all quietly agree to fix this commit log?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 31944
- From: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Can we all quietly agree to fix this commit log?
- Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 13:22:15 +0100
- Cc: zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=jbImy7kCD50Fz+TMODBL0wpC5yLbVj0FHf26AvZ2Eow=; b=zhi9TjEGHH1il+KYo0AHrKe3wERbNCm1kHODrseW1CZV5uGt26VLYZ0SQZsv3Q5rat sPmvrvw6En1OCAYm4pL4xz7vTzAS6bb1r8o2/Wc7NR7BdMZ6c3QJgOuAktajnXa4Wgza 3auOoikW/2uypb0AUrBFF/rWCX/A7eyXpFXY/zW0Lr4g1siRTkPCndraLNi9pzzXk/ES 9JbMoC5PUYeMVTqlPflY9axcj+Vatq/gJblwGvpnneen2rle9Yf8Z0iG2FLjp0FskCAt L4gqoETzKqRgbeai65jpbEhPvajyfOR9VGYRxxljmzVsAkxohXwzgwGkajjdYN/p4fW5 rs6Q==
- In-reply-to: <131108182028.ZM26321@torch.brasslantern.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <131108182028.ZM26321@torch.brasslantern.com>
On 9 November 2013 03:20, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I know all the git doc says never to amend a commit after pushing because
> it breaks clones, but I find this version number typo really bothersome.
> Is there some procedure we can figure out that gets around that?
> commit 375115c7dfd6dff576915d25fe2ecdd381dd9d81
> Author: Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed Nov 6 19:25:07 2013 +0000
> unposted: updates for 4.0.2-test-1.
> Update references to 4.0.2 to 4.0.3.
> Additional mod_export declarations.
> Additions to .distfiles.
I would highly recommend not doing this. If it really bothers you, you
can add a local note to the commit by
git notes add zsh-5.0.2-test-1
(this can also be pushed but notes don't get pulled by default anyway
Messages sorted by: