Re: Install run-help and *.zwc files system wide in build system

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 22:59:42 +0000 (UTC)
Martin Vaeth <vaeth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The appended patch should be used *instead* of my previous one.

Thanks.

> +AC_HELP_STRING([--enable-runhelpdir=DIR], [the default directory for the run-help files]),
> +[if test x"$enableval" = xno; then
> +  runhelpdir=
> +else
> +  runhelpdir="$enableval"
> +fi], [runhelpdir="/usr/share/zsh/$VERSION/help"])

It would make more sense for this to default to a similar location to
the function install path:

${datadir}/${tzsh_name}/'${VERSION}'/help

(I think it's defined that way so ${VERSION} is substituted in the
Makefile) which is already by default in a /share/ area.  This will
keep the help files in the same directory structure as the functions.

--
Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>  Principal Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 434724                Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre