Re: The default $fpath

On Sep 7, 12:04am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} I think it needs to be additional.  What I'm less clear about is where
} it would go in the path.

To satisfy the original request, it'd have to be both additional, and
a fixed location independent of the locations chosen by the package
builder.  I'm not sure it's possible to satisfy the latter constraint.

As Frank pointed out, configure already has --enable-additional-fpath
which adds locations to the end of the path.  One possibility is to
declare a default value for that.

Or we could do the very zsh-ish thing of inventing TWO such locations
and putting one at each end of the fpath.

} If we made the change, we might, however, want to document that from
} now on /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions is recommended if the
} functions are to be available to all instances of zsh.

Shouldn't we document that already/anyway?  That is after all the first
directory in the existing default fpath.

(Given that, it would seem we already have a location at the beginning
of the path and if we need anything we need one at the other end.)