Re: SIGPIPE (Re: ZSH history not saved anymore)

On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 11:04:38 -0700
> Behavior before patch:
>
> torch% (sleep 5; echo hello; print -u2 continued after PIPE) | (exit)
> torch%
>
> Behavior after patch in 33257:
>
> torch% (sleep 5; echo hello; print -u2 continued after PIPE) | (exit)
> echo: write error: broken pipe
> zsh: write error: broken pipe
> continued after PIPE
> torch%
>
> No history saved in either case, so at least that part is OK, but the
> patch obviously breaks something in subshells.

So in the first case I presume we're exiting (silently) on SIGPIPE.  That
should be just a question of checking if SIGPIPE is trapped and if it isn't
setting the handler to the default in entersubsh().  There's some partial
prior art for this.

pws