Re: somewhat unexpected abortion error

On Sep 29,  5:35pm, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
} Subject: somewhat unexpected abortion error
}
} % typeset -r PWD
} % cd /; echo hi
} zsh: read-only variable: PWD
}
} (echo hi is not executed)

A non-interactive zsh would have exited at that point.  (Which does
not happen with other shells, AFAICT.)

} This might be a bit unexpected (I didn't expect it), but then again I
} guess you can only get yourself into this particular mess.

A mismanaged /etc/z* file could also do so ...

} $PWD is
} still the previous value but the output of `pwd' is correct and the
} working directory is changed.

This is consistent with other shells (except for the part where the
current command line is aborted).