Re: _expand_alias does not expand aliases that contain an "!"

On Oct 1,  3:15pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: _expand_alias does not expand aliases that contain an "!"
}
} On Wed, 01 Oct 2014 15:06:41 +0100
} Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > On Wed, 1 Oct 2014 15:03:24 +0100
} > Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > > On possible fix would be to add a separate variable to remember the
} > > original ISPECIAL bit for bangchar (which would be transferable if
} > > bangchar became a different character) and restore it at this point
} >
} > Immediately after hitting "Send"(*), it occurred to me this just needs
} > to be another bit in the typtab element, ISPECIAL_ORIGINALLY
}
} Gag.  Sorry, no, that doesn't work if we change bangchar.

Maybe we just need something along the lines of makecommaspecial() that
can be called from hbegin() to set ISPECIAL on bangchar, and called in
the completion code to temporarily switch it off/on.

Then inittyptab() never has to mess with examining bangchar, and the
new makebangspecial() can be called from histcharsetfn() instead of
doing a full inittyptab().

--
Barton E. Schaefer