Re: bug with completion in quotes

On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 00:37:09 +0200
Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Compiled with --enable-zsh-debug, I get bugs listed when completing
> inside $' style quotes whenever there's stuff after the cursor:
>
> <tab> appears at cursor position
>
> % : $'<tab>x
> utils.c:5893: BUG: unterminated $' substitution
> % : $'<tab>x'
> zle_tricky.c:666: BUG: 0 <= wb <= zlemetacs <= we is not true!
>
> The line containing the first message was added in workers/22026 from
> about 2006.

This code is particularly horrible.  2006 is about the last time I
remember looking at it and giving up.  However, most of the really nasty
problems we're with nested quotes e.g. where a quoted argument to a
shell or scripting language itself contained quotes --- which I'm not
sure we whould be trying to do internally anyway.  One set of quotes is
just about tractable.

The chief suspect is set_comp_sep() --- it's very brittle because it's
interacting with all sorts of different parts of the shell in ad hoc
ways.

pws