Re: Drat, Test/A05 still hanging sometimes

Hi Bart,

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 11:47:39AM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Oct 9,  9:52am, Axel Beckert wrote:
> }
> } Running test: Basic coprocess handling
> } make: *** [build-arch] Terminated
> } make[1]: *** [test] Terminated
> } make[2]: *** [check] Terminated
> } debian/rules:54: recipe for target 'build-arch' failed
> } Makefile:265: recipe for target 'test' failed
> } Makefile:189: recipe for target 'check' failed
> } Build killed with signal TERM after 150 minutes of inactivity
> }
> } I assume it's too far away (in terms of output size) from A05 to have
> } (not) buffer flushing causing the output being incomplete.
>
> It is indeed too far away but:  The test in A05 that gets stuck also
> uses a coprocess, so the likely place to look is a race condition in
> the SIGCHLD reaping of coprocesses.
>
> Tests in each of A01, A04, and A05 use "coproc".  How does this match up
> with the hung builds you have encountered?

Quite well -- as far as I can see there was only one exception so far:
Once it also hung inside X02zlevi.ztst. All others were either in one
of the three tests you mentioned, with A05 being the most often one
(and IIRC also the one you experience twice or so).

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | abe@xxxxxxxxx (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://noone.org/abe/ (Web)