Re: first adventures

On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 10:20:47 -0700
Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out where/how command lines are grabbed (I think
> this is done by zle?).

That's how it works for interactive shells.  The lowest level of input
in the main shell is within input.c.  Because zle is a separate library
that may be loaded at run time the interaction actually goes through the
function zleentry() in init.c, which ensures that either zle is loaded
or if it can't be there's some fallback to get the input another way.
ZLE_CMD_READ is the command to zleentry() that causes a line to be read.

shingetline() is the fallback for non-interactive shells or if zle can't
be loaded.

> One other thing: 'make' produces so many dull msg. about moving
> into and out of directories and such.  Can these be turned off? I'd
> like to see just warnings and errors and 'important' msg.

make -s

pws