Re: first adventures

On Oct 29,  8:41am, Ray Andrews wrote:
}
} So, if there was just some way of matching each line of that output
} from getpermtext() with the appropriate command, then I'd be close to
} the finish line.

Maybe if you told us WHY you're trying to extract this particular bit
of information, in more detail than just --

} if I could then assign that to a shell variable, I'd have exactly what
} I want: each command would have access to the verbatim command line
} 'segment' that called it

-- it might be possible to make better suggestions.  I've been answering
on the assumption that you were just trying to learn how the internals
work, but it seems there's a larger motive.