Re: 'whence' question

On 11/11/2014 11:33 AM, Bart Schaefer wrote:

I'm not sure what you're hollering about.

Ah. Not hollering, just distinguishing comment from output. I composed that outside of
email.
Searching all forms has
nothing to do with whether the search is for a literal string (which
is the default) or for a pattern (which requires the -m option to be
explicitly stated).  "All command forms" means aliases, reserved
words, and functions, and your example found those aliases.
All answered in last post Bart, thanks.

REMOVE  '-v' AND ALIASES 'BECOME' FILES! :(
Well, no, they don't become files, the become whatever is on the
right-hand-side of the alias.
Of course. I just meant that one could easily get confused.
It's not the fault of "whence" that you don't find this to be as
useful as the -v output.
Sure, I mentioned that myself, it isn't broken, if one wants clarity, use '-v'. That's just a vague 'editorial' sort of remark, that perhaps the default behavior might have been the more explicit output. It's subjective. I guess that culturally, zsh builds power up from components rather than trying to be fancy by default.
That's cool.

All issues answered, as usual.  Sorry again for being dense.