trouble with debugging binary

On 11/20/2014 10:23 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
Please don't hijack threads by hitting "reply" and then starting a
whole new conversation.  If you have a new topic, start a new message.
Thanks.
Pardon, it morphed out  of what seemed like an error report on that topic.

} Anyway, I deleted all of them and:

Where were they before you deleted them?
All in
/usr/share/zsh/functions
/usr/share/zsh/functions/Completions

I'll restore  them. No doubt they do something important,
but I'm not noticing their absence right now.

Is there some sort of global map of everything that zsh adds to
one's system? These *.zwc files, I had no idea they were there
and I have no idea what they do.

} 6: text.c:865: unknown word code in gettext2()
} 1: text.c:865: unknown word code in gettext2()
} 7: text.c:865: unknown word code in gettext2()
} 8: text.c:865: unknown word code in gettext2()

} This is a bit suspicious because gettext2() is only called when turning
a wordcode program back into readable text; for example, when calling
a DEBUG trap or preexec.

... I can't say. I have this (which you helped me with some time ago):

typeset -g TLC
TRAPDEBUG()
{
  (( $#functrace == 1 )) && TLC=(${(z)ZSH_DEBUG_CMD})
}

I just rebuild without  " --enable-zsh-debug " and all is well.

Removing the above function, all is well with the debugging binary.

So none of this had anything to do with the 'vi' patches and
everything to do with TRAPDEBUG not liking the debugging binary.
Tho one might expect that a specifically debugging function would
go well with a specifically debugging binary.