Re: Something rotten in tar completion

On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 08:48:58 -0800
> Well, let's see ... _complete_debug with no zstyles at all ...
>
> % tar xvzf <C-x ?>

Oh, so now I've got to debug it.  Grmph...

> At various places (_description, _path_files) it does look for the "fake",
> "fake-always", and "fake-files" styles.  Could that have something to do
> with it on your end?

Turns out it was recursive-files.  I had that set for my "src"
subdirectory, which was a bit daft since it's got to search through any old
clutter to find a completion for a bare file name.  Removing that
removes the wait.

(I debugged this by adding SECONDS to _complete_debug as a float and
commenting out the thing in _main_complete that sets to 0 as an
integer.  I guess the fact no one else has needed to do this suggests
it's not a very command need.)

Would still be nice to be able to kill it...

pws