Re: Interrupting globs (Re: Something rotten in tar completion)

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 6:39 PM, Peter Stephenson
> On Sat, 6 Dec 2014 12:49:19 +0100
> Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Another difference: the menu completion listing could previously be
>> aborted with ctrl-c and keep the command line. It now closes the
>> listing and aborts the command line.
>
> Here's a suggestion: when we go back to the main keymap, assume that if
> the user typed ^C in the mean time they want to continue editing from
> this point.  I think that fixes this case.
>
> (This is only on the interrupt_abort branch, again.)
>
>> Additionally, with menu selection, you could previously ctrl-c out of
>> selection and get to the menu, ctrl-c that again, and still have the
>> command line. Now you just go straight from selection to a new empty
>> command line.
>
> This second case was already working for me (interrupt_abort branch with
> Sven-comment-restoration, commit e385312e0937).  I tried both
> MENU_COMPLETE and AUTO_COMPLETE behaviour.  There may be another way in.
> Does the patch below help with this, too?
>
> I'm intending to commit this and then stop patching to allow us to take
> stock of what effects are now present on the interrupt_abort branch.  So
> feel free to re-report any bad features.

Yeah, I just tried the branch as of 'fix typo' and both of my issues
are gone. (I did notice if you restart menu selection after ctrl-c and
then ctrl-c it again, and so on, it keeps selecting the next entry,
but it always did that now that I check).

I'm not sure if depending on menu completion and menu selection having
a different keymap feels right, then again, it does work.

(Haven't read rest of thread yet).

--
Mikael Magnusson