Re: PATCH: hist: remove wrong NULL terminator

On Jan 10, 2015, at 2:45 AM, Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 01/09/2015 04:39 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
>> Except it *is* a veiled comment, because you ask how "the culture"
>> could allow this to "pass unnoticed"
>
> No sir, it is a question.

Surely you are familiar with the concept of connotation, whether
intentional or not. Compare this…

    "This bug seems like it could have been caught sooner with
    better testing and code auditing. Is there a reason you don't do
    more of that? Here are some suggestions for making testing
    easier and more robust."

…with…

    "WOW, this is a REALLY DUMB MISTAKE. How could a bunch of people
    who are *so smart* make such a _boneheaded_ blunder? It confuses
    me because I'm used to a development culture that puts software
    quality *first*. I'm not commenting on anything, just asking
    a question."

If you think I'm exaggerating, go back and read what you wrote. It's not
much of an exaggeration.

vq