Re: Floating point modulus

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 12:58:23 -0800
Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1/2 + 1/2 =
>
> ... I think we'd all agree the answer is '1'.  Why isn't it? Because
> of past practice.

This is complete nonsense and Bart already took the time to explain at
length what is going on here and why.  I'm not going to repeat it.  The
idea that "we'd all agree that..." implies (i) you don't realise that
many of the people round here have been doing some of programming, shell
or whatever, for a long time, and don't agree anything of the sort (ii)
you simply can't even be bothered to read the explanations repeatedly
given of why the world isn't the way you want it to be and why it can't
be coerced by shouting at it.

I'd strongly suggest at this point you take a couple of months out to
learn a bit about programming languages, of which zsh is an example (and
not actually a very good introduction in many ways as a bit of a hybrid)
by actually doing something with them and a good book of exmples.
Otherwise the sheer wasted time is getting to be quite ridiculous.

pws